Please read the information below before booking with us.
Using Online Book Now Button
Bookings via the “Book Now” button are charged to your credit card in full at time of booking. Cancellations are as per the Cancellation Policy below.
Full Price Phone and Email Bookings
We welcome your booking on the following basis:
- Credit card credit bookings: We require credit card type, number and expiry, name, address and contact phone number. We charge 50% on booking. Balance on departure.
- Bookings without credit cards: We require 50% deposit to confirm a booking. Payment in full required seven days prior to arrival or booking is cancelled and deposit retained. Payment can be via internet transfer, cheque or money order.
- By law all of our accommodation is non-smoking indoors. Additional charges will apply for evidence of smoking indoors, candle wax removal, excess or deliberate damage or breakages greater than fair wear and tear.
Full Price Cancellation Policy
When you book with us, we hold the cabin, tipee or campsite for you exclusively. Unfortunately, if you cancel we may have to charge you.
- All cancellations will incur a minimum $50 administration fee plus any costs that we incur in providing the refund.
- Cancellations over 1 month in advance – full amount refunded (minus admin fee and costs)
- Less than 1 month but more than 7 days – Charge 50% of reserved services (if unable to resell all our accommodation on the relevant nights).
- 7 days or less – We charge total cost of reserved services (if unable to resell all our accommodation on the relevant nights).
- No Show – We charge total cost of reserved services.
Shortening of bookings on arrival attract a 100% fee.
We recommend travel insurance. Click here for a Tasmanian based insurance option (RACT).
(Please note this is a suggestion only and may not be suitable for your needs).
If we can resell the cabin to another guest, we will charge or refund the difference we are able to resell for.
Special rate Bookings
On special discounted rates, we charge the full amount on booking. No refunds or changes are permitted.
We live up to our name of a bush retreat. Your privacy and peace is protected by four kilometres of gravel public road, which is narrow and winding in places. To maximise safety for yourselves and wildlife, please drive slowly, especially at night and on tight bends.
There is one steep hill that can be a little difficult for a few types of vehicle in very dry, dusty conditions. Some city based drivers may not be used to driving on this type of road, so we provide a guide booklet at the bottom of the hill. It will explain how to safely negotiate the hill.
Please note that the site is accessible to all types of vehicle with care. However, Toyota Tarago front wheel drive vans with heavy loads, are known to be problematic for some drivers. Also please call to discuss bringing vehicles with trailers as only some types of vehicle can tow a trailer up this steep incline.
Please drive at 20km or less, especially at night.
If you are still nervous about the road, please phone us. We are glad to discuss.
We take protection of the environment seriously. We have special environmental facilities that include 12 volt solar electricity, composting toilets, wood heaters and natural water supply. There are no televisions, cabin phones, 240 volt electricity (excet by speacial arrangement).
We hope that you will find these special features a bonus rather than a problem.
Each cabin is separate and most are complely private. Streamside and Clifftop cabins are totally secluded. This seclusion does not suit everyone. If you would like to feel connected with the main village area, please request Acacia Grove, Big Tree or Wallaby Grassland Cabin.
Native animals roam free in protected habitats. Our conservation covenants protect the natural features in law. Non-native animals are not permitted – guide dogs excepted.