Booking terms and conditions
Please read the information below then click the “Book Now” button.
When you book with us, we hold the cabin, tipee or campsite for you. This means that we reject any other prospective bookings. Therefore, if you cancel we have lost the opportunities to sell those unit-nights that you booked. You remain liable for the booked nights as below.
Using Online Book Now Button
Bookings via our “Book Now” button are charged to your credit card in full at time of booking. Cancellations are as per the Cancellation Policy below.
Discount Rate Bookings
On special discounted rates, we charge the full amount at time of booking. No refunds or changes are permitted.
Full Price Bookings
We welcome your booking on the following basis:
- Credit card credit bookings: We require credit card type, number and expiry, name, address, email and contact phone number. We charge 50% at time of booking. Balance on arrival.
- Bookings without credit cards: We require 50% deposit to confirm a booking. Payment in full required seven days prior to arrival or the booking is cancelled and deposit retained. Payment can be via internet transfer, direct bank deposit, cheque or money order.
Payments to ANZ Bank BSB 017531, Huon Bush Retreats Pty Ltd Account 108248366
- By law all of our accommodation is non-smoking indoors. Additional charges will apply for evidence of smoking indoors, damage from candles, unusual or deliberate damage or breakages greater than fair wear and tear.
Full price Cancellation Policy
When you book with us, we hold the cabin, tipee or campsite for you exclusively. Therefore, if you cancel we may have to charge you.
- All cancellations will incur a minimum $50 administration fee.
- Cancellations over 1 month in advance – full amount refunded (minus admin fee)
- Less than 1 month but more than 7 days – Charge 50% of reserved services (if unable to resell).
- 7 days or less – We charge total cost of reserved services (if unable to resell).
- No Show – We charge total cost of reserved services.
Resell after Cancellation
If you advise us that you want to cancel, we will make the unit available for resale. The earlier you advise us to cancel and resell, the better the chances of reselling. If all of the same unit type (tipee, studio or 2 bedroom) sells that night, we will charge the difference or refund the amount we are able to resell for minus a $50 administration fee and any other costs that we incur making the refund.
Amendments after arrival
Shortening of bookings after arrival attracts a 100% fee (unless we can resell).
We recommend travel insurance.
Important things to know before booking
We live up to our name of a bush retreat. Your privacy and peace is protected by four kilometres of gravel public road, which is narrow and winding in places. To maximise safety for yourselves and wildlife, please drive slowly, especially at night and on tight bends.
There is one steep hill that can be a little difficult for a few types of vehicle in very dry, dusty conditions. Some city based drivers may not be used to driving on this type of road, so we provide a guide booklet at the bottom of the hill. It will explain how to safely negotiate the hill.
Please note that the site is accessible to all types of vehicle with care. However, Toyota Tarago front wheel drive vans with heavy loads, are known to be problematic for some drivers. Also please call to discuss bringing vehicles with trailers as only some types of vehicle can tow a trailer up this steep incline.
Please drive at 20km or less, especially at night.
If you are still nervous about the road, please phone us. We are glad to discuss.
We take protection of the environment seriously. We have special environmental facilities that include 12 volt solar electricity, composting toilets, wood heaters and natural water supply. There are no televisions, cabin phones, 240 volt electricity (except by special arrangement).
We hope that you will find these special features a bonus rather than a problem.
Each cabin and tipee is in its own individual forest setting. Streamside and Clifftop cabins are totally secluded. This seclusion does not suit everyone. If you would like to feel connected with the main village area, please request Acacia Grove, Big Tree or Wallaby Grassland Cabin.
As a retreat, we aim to give you as much privacy as possible. We do not clean daily, offer a turn down service or similar activities that require us to enter your room. We leave you to relax, explore and experience nature, but if you would like assistance of just to say hello, it is nice to meet our guests. Reception is usually attended 08:30 to 10:30 and late afternoons. Other times we might be cleaning cabins, doing maintenance or other duties. Phone 03 6264 2233 anytime and it will switch to our mobile and we can arrange to meet you.
Native animals roam free in protected habitats. Our conservation covenants protect the natural features in law. Non-native animals are not permitted – guide dogs excepted.